Monday 21 September 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corrinne Drewery and David Coulier in Detroit.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hennesey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1959 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Corrinne Drewery: rocker (Swing Out Sister - "Swing Out").
- David Coulier in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Joey Gladstone - Full House).
- Dave Coulier: American actor.
- Crin Antonescu: Romanian educator and politician President of Romania.
- Andrzej Buncol: Polish footballer.
- Danny Cox: English-American baseball player and coach
- Corinne Drewery: English singer-songwriter (Swing Out Sister and Working Week)
- André Hennicke: German actor and screenwriter
- 600 Indian Dutch emigrate to US
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?