Thursday 21 September 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1967 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Andrea Thies: Irvington, New York -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics).
- Romeo van Aerde: Soccer player (RKC).
- Faith Hill: American country pop singer and occasional actress.
- Glen Benton: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Deicide and Vital Remains).
- Suman Pokhrel: Nepali poet and songwriter.
- Tyler Stewart: Canadian drummer (Barenaked Ladies)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Association - Never My Love
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?