Monday 21 September 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Bland and Melissa Ferrick.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Odd Couple.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1970 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Tony Bland: English victim in Hillsborough disaster.
- Melissa Ferrick: American singer/songwriter, she has attained a cult following since her 1991 debut as an opening act for Morrissey.
- John Cudia: American actor.
- James Lesure: American actor.
- Samantha Power: Irish-American journalist academic and diplomat 28th United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
- Unique Priscilla: Indonesian actress and model
- Gijsbert Friedhoff: Architect (Wibautstrat tax office).
- Monday Night Football premieres on ABC - Browns 31, Jets 21
- KAPP TV channel 35 in Yakima, WA (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Oakland Athletics' Vida Blue no-hits Minnesota Twins, 6-0.
- Luna 16 leaves the Moon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Dawn - Candida
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?