Tuesday 21 September 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Vetter and Luke Wilson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1971 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- David Vetter: American child known as "the Bubble-Boy," born with a rare disorder of immune deficiency.
- Luke Wilson: American actor.
- Alfonso Ribeiro: in New York City; actor/pianist (Alfonso - Silver Spoons).
- John Crawley: English cricketer and academic.
- Bernardo Houssay: Argentine physiologist and corecipient, with Carl and Gerty Cori, of the 1947 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
- AL OKs Washington Senator move to Arlington (Texas Rangers)
- Bahrain, Bhutan and Qatar join the United Nations.
- Pakistan declares a state of emergency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?