Friday 21 September 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Luna, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1979 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- James Allan: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Glasvegas).
- Bradford Anderson: American actor.
- Richard Dunne: Irish footballer.
- Julian Gray: English footballer.
- Monika Merl: German runner.
- Jaymee Ong: Australian model and actress
- Laura Govan: Reality Star
- Chris Gayle: Jamaican West Indies cricketer
- John McQuade: Northern Irish soldier boxer and politician (d. 1984).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Sail On - Commodores
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?