Sunday 21 September 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Stardust Memories, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1980 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Stacy Clark: American singer-songwriter.
- Robert Hoffman: American actor dancer and choreographer.
- Kareena Khan: Indian actress and singer.
- Nyree Kindred: Welsh swimmer.
- Aleksa Palladino: American actress and singer.
- Autumn Reeser: American actress.
- Tomas Scheckter: South African race car driver
- Raegan Tomaster: East Patgchogue, New York -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics)
- Kareena Kapoor: Movie Actress
- Nyree Lewis: British Paralympic swimmer
- Ernest White: Composer, dies at 80.
- Donna Caponi Young wins LPGA ERA Real Estate Golf Classic
- LA Ram Johnnie Johnson scores a 99 yard interception
- Richard Todd of the New York Jets completes 42 passes in a game (NFL record).
- Bülent Ulusu, ex admiral, forms the new government of Turkey (44th government, composed mostly of technocrats)
- The command council of Iraq orders its army to ampquotdeliver its fatal blow on Iranian military targets,ampquot initiating the Iran–Iraq War.
- Youth riots in the capital of the Soviet Republic of Estonia are quickly forced down.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 September 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?