Saturday 21 September 1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Ran, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1985 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Justin Durant: American football player.
- Maryam Hassouni: Dutch actress.
- Kenneth Morrison: YouTube Star.
- Gu Long: Taiwanese writer of wuxia novels (Born 1937).
- Michael Spinks beats Larry Holmes in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Madonna - Dress You Up
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?