Sunday 21 September 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsey Stirling and Faris Badwan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
Crocodile Dundee, directed by Peter Faiman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Putovanje u Vucjak.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or Highlander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1986!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1986 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:21 September
- Pierre Wigny: Belg Minister of Foreign Affairs (1958-61), dies at 81.
- 38th Emmy Awards: Golden Girls, Cagney and Lacey and Michael J Fox win
- Miami Dan Marino passes for 6 touchdowns vs. New York Jets (51-45)
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA Konica San Jose Golf Classic
- SD Padre Jimmy Jones pitchs 1-hitter in his major league debut
- New Orleans Saints' Mel Gray returns kickoff 101 yards for a touchdown.
- New York Jets beat Miami Dolphins 51-45 in overtime; record 884 passing yards.
- Cheryl Keeton is found dead in her van on the Sunset Highway (California), inspiring the novel Dead By Sunset.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Miami Sound Machine - Words Get In The Way
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Bananarama - Venus
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Regina - Baby Love
Top #5 songs in the UK
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?