Thursday 21 September 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Derulo and Sandor Earl.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Girl I'm Gonna Miss You by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
My Left Foot, directed by Jim Sheridan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Clear And Present Danger by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blackadder Goes Forth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Squadron or Dungeon Explorer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1989 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Jason Derulo: American Pop singer.
- Sandor Earl: Australian rugby player.
- Jef Gaitan: Filipino actress and singer.
- Emma Watkins: Australian singer and actress (The Wiggles).
- F Fischer: German war criminal (4, Two of Breda).
- Hurricane Hugo makes landfall in South Carolina, causing US$7 billion in damage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?