Tuesday 21 September 1993
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Mr Vain by Culture Beat was in the top 5 hits.
Le cercle rouge, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1993!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1993 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Randa Nelson: YouTube Star.
- Jena Frumes: Instagram Star.
- Nina Nelson: YouTube Star.
- Kwon Mina: South Korean singer and actress (AOA).
- Derik Osede: Spanish footballer.
- Kamaran Abdalla: Iraq / Engl / Netherlands actor (Best Thing in Life), dies at 34.
- Ukraine government of Kutshma resigns
- In Oregon, a magnitude 6.0 earthquake occurs.
- Russian President Boris Yeltsin suspends parliament and scraps the then-functioning constitution, thus triggering the Russian constitutional crisis of 1993.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?