Sunday 21 September 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shane Lambert .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The School of Rock, directed by Richard Linklater, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Potter Puppet Pals.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Devil May Cry 2 or Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 21 September 2003 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Shane Lambert: American accidental death/homicide victim.
- Galileo mission is terminated by sending the probe into Jupiter's atmosphere, where it is crushed by the pressure at the lower altitudes.
- Espionage: The ''Washington Times'' reveals the arrest of U.S. Army Captain James Yee, an Islamic chaplain at the Guantanamo Bay naval base, for espionage. Law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, state that FBI agents discovered classified documents carried by Yee and were questioning him before handing him over to the military.
- Terrorism – 9/11: Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, mastermind of the September 11 attacks, tells interrogators he first discussed the plot with Osama bin Laden in 1996. The original plan, and its evolution, are told to an interrogator, along with the answers to several questions over the attacks.
- United Nations: Leaders of the United Nations are concerned if change can give it the freedom it needs to survive. Kofi Annan will outline plans for reform at the United Nations General Assembly next week. Annan states that only ampquotradicalampquot revisions will likely preserve it.
- Iraq: To open up its economy, the Iraq leadership council unveils sweeping free market reforms permitting foreign investment and imposes income taxes – but keeps oil under government control.
- Embargo: China voices opposition to United States sanctions over the alleged sale of advanced missile technology to an unnamed country.
- Germany: State elections in the state of Bavaria show a great success for the governing CSU of Edmund Stoiber, scoring over 60%. The nationally governing SPD is down to 19%, a historic low point.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?