Friday 21 September 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
There Will Be Blood, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while 74 Seaside Avenue by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 21 September 2007 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 September
- The Canadian dollar reaches parity with the American dollar for the first time since 1976.
- The Nelson Mandela Foundation is assuring the public that the former South African president is still alive, after comments by U.S. President George Bush that ampquot...Mandela is dead.ampquot (The Independent)
- Two students are shot at Delaware State University. (NYT)
- NASA releases new plans for moon base in 2020. (NYT)
- Buddhist monks stage a brief demonstration in Myanmar making it the fourth successive day of protests. (CNN)
- Angolan police arrest Jomo Gbomo, the head of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, a rebel organization in Nigeria. (The Times)
- At least 27 people have died in the Karachi area of Pakistan after drinking poisonous alcohol. (AP via Fox News)
- War in Afghanistan:
- NATO's alliance forces say that its warplanes killed an unspecified number of civilians during a battle with Taliban forces. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- A suicide bomber attacks a convoy of soldiers killing a French soldier and several Afghans. (BBC)
- The Dutch Cabinet meets to decide whether to hold a referendum on the European Union's Reform Treaty. (BBC)
- Chilean Supreme Court approves extradition of Peruvian ex-president Alberto Fujimori on numerous charges, including the massacres of Barrios Altos and La Cantuta. (BBC)
- Mattel admits that most of the toys recalled in recent safety scares had ampquotdesign flawsampquot and that Chinese manufacturers were not to blame. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?