Sunday 21 September 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Martyrs, directed by Pascal Laugier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mode After Hours.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baja: Edge of Control or Tetris Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 September 2008 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 September
- Jose Molina hits the last home run in the 85-year history of Yankee Stadium in New York, to give the New York Yankees a 7-3 win over the Baltimore Orioles. The stadium will be demolished, replaced by a new US$1.3 billion Yankee Stadium across the way from the exisiting facility.
- ''Mad Men'' wins the Emmy Award for Best Drama and ''30 Rock'' wins for Best Comedy at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards. (Reuters)
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, the two last remaining independent investment banks on Wall Street, become bank holding companies as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis. (''The New York Times'')
- The number of babies in China hospitalized due to adulterated milk products and infant formula reaches 12,892. (CNN)
- The Social Democrats, led by Borut Pahor, presumably win the Slovenian parliamentary election. (AFP via ''Melbourne Herald Sun'')
- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert officially submits his resignation to President Shimon Peres. Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni begins talks on forming a new government. (AP via Google News)
- Tyrone beat Kerry 1-15 to 0-14 to win the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2008. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?