Friday 21 September 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Red Dawn, directed by Dan Bradley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 21 September 2012 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 September
- Australia temporarily closes its High Commission in the Pakistani capital Islamabad. It says it fears violent protests aimed at Western countries as a result of recent controversies. (AAP via ''The Australian'')
- Authorities in South Africa issue a warrant for the arrest of Julius Malema on charges of corruption. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Japan, Yoshihiko Noda, wins a leadership ballot held by the Democratic Party of Japan. (BBC)
- Witnesses see Ansar al-Sharia Islamists in Benghazi evacuate their headquarters after demonstrations by thousands of Libyan people. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Harvard Theological Review does not yet publish a study that claims a papyrus bears testimony that Jesus of Nazareth used the word(s) ampquotmy wifeampquot. (AP via ''Google News'')
- A researcher at the University of Cambridge predicts that in about four years, the Arctic polar ice cap will melt completely during the summer months. (Planetsave)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?