Sunday 22 April 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1906 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Eric William Fenby: Composer / President (Delius Society).
- Riccardo Billy: Italy Actor.
- Gustaf Adolf: Duke of Västerbotten (d. 1947).
- Eric Fenby: British musician and composer who acted as amanuensis for the then blind and paralyzed composer Frederick Delius from 1928-1934.
- Riccardo Billi: Italian film actor and comedian.
- Gustaf Adolf : Swedish prince and heir to the Swedish throne. He was the eldest son of Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden (the future King Gustaf VI Adolf) and his first wife Princess Margaret of Connaught and a great-grandson of Queen Victoria. Gustaf Adolf was the father of the current king, Carl XVI Gustaf. He was known by his last given name, Edmund, in the family.
- Eddie Albert: American actor onstage from 1936, his first film was "Brother Rat,"1938. He was nominated for an Oscar for "Roman Holiday," 1954. The TV series "Green Acres," 1960-1970, made him an everyday familiar figure.
- 10th anniversary Olympic games open at Athens, Greece
- New rule puts umpire in sole charge of all game balls.
- The 1906 Summer Olympics, not now recognized as part of the official Olympic Games, open in Athens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Just a Little Rocking Chair and You - Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?