Thursday 22 April 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Eagle's Nest, directed by Edwin Arden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1915 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Dick Dudley: Tennessee, United States -- TV host (Village Barn).
- George Henderson: Scottish educator, professor of philosophy and editor of "The Philosophical Quarterly" from 1962.
- Lord Airedale: British Lord (Socialist Democrat).
- Dino Viola: Italian soccer manager, the President of Rome's soccer team.
- 1st military use of poison gas (chlorine, by Germany) in WWI
- 2nd Battle of Ypres begins
- New York Yankees don pinstripes and hat-in-the-ring logo for first time.
- The use of poison gas in World War I escalates when chlorine gas is released as a chemical weapon in the Second Battle of Ypres.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Molancholy Baby - Walter Van Brunt
- The Little House Upon the Hill - James F. Harrison & James Reed
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?