Thursday 22 April 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Crash Dive, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1943 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- James Wanless: American art producer of multi-media symbolic art and lecturer.
- Keith Crisco: American businessman and politician (d. 2014).
- Janet Evanovich: American author.
- Louise Glück: American poet and academic.
- John Maples: Baron Maples English lawyer and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Defence (d. 2012).
- Mel Carter: singer ("Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me").
- Louise Gluck: American poet and 12th US Poet Laureate
- RAF shoots down 14 German transport planes over Mediterranean Sea
- German counter-attack in North Tunisia.
- Albert Hofmann writes his first report about the hallucinogenic properties of ''LSD'' (which he first synthesized in 1938).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 April 1943 and get them!