Monday 22 April 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1946 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Archibald Kirkwood: Scottish politician and Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament, returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Dectuplets in Bacacay: Brazil, 8 males and two females.
- Jean-Louis Gergorin: French diplomat and executive vice president of EADS – the giant European aerospace company that controls Airbus.
- Steven Bennett: American captain and pilot Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1972).
- Paul Davies: English physicist and author.
- Louise Harel: Canadian lawyer and politician
- Archy Kirkwood: Baron Kirkwood of Kirkhope Scottish lawyer and politician
- Nicholas Stern: Baron Stern of Brentford English economist and academic
- Nicole Garcia: French actress, film director and writer.
- John Waters: Director
- Steven L Bennett: USAF Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient (d. 1972)
- SED, Sozialistic Einheitspartei Deutschlands, party forms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Laughing On The Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Dinah Shore
- Cement Mixer (Put-ti Put-ti) - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Merry Macs
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 April 1946 and get them!