Friday 22 April 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1955 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Arthur Baker: rock producer (Afrika Banbaataa - "Planet Rock").
- David Collier: English businessman.
- Johnnie To: Hong Kong film director and producer.
- Congress orders all US coins bear motto In God We Trust
- US Congress orders all US coins to bear motto "In God We Trust".
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?