Saturday 22 April 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Hostetler NFL quarterback (New York Giants and Jimmy Key in Huntsville.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
La Dolce Vita, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1961 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Jeff Hostetler NFL quarterback (New York Giants: Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins/1990 Superbowl).
- Jimmy Key in Huntsville: Alabama, USA; pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays, New York Yankees, Baltimore Orioles).
- Byron Allen in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian (Real People, Byron Allen Show).
- Jimmy Key: Huntsville, Alabama -- Pitcher (Blue Jays, New York Yanks, Orioles).
- Alo Mattiisen: Estonian composer (d. 1996).
- Ann McKechin: Scottish lawyer and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland
- Dewey Nicks: American photographer and film director
- Maria Radulphus [Adrian Hermus]: Cura?ao school inspector, dies at age 91.
- Uprising of French parachutist of General Salan/Challe in Algeria.
- Algiers putsch: Four French generals who oppose de Gaulle's policies in Algeria fail in a coup attempt.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 April 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Kokomo - Asia Minor
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?