Monday 22 April 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Podalydès and Rosalind Gill.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Triffids, directed by Steve Sekely, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1963 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Denis Podalydès: French actor and scriptwriter of Greek descent.
- Rosalind Gill: English sociologist and academic.
- Sean Lock: English comedian and actor.
- Brooke McCarter: American model actor and producer (d. 2015).
- Magnús Magnússon: Icelandic weightlifter and strongman.
- Lester Bowles Pearson becomes the 14th Prime Minister of Canada.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 April 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- The Drifters - On Broadway
- Mongo Santamaria Band - Watermelon Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?