Wednesday 22 April 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
The Horror of Party Beach, directed by Del Tenney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1964 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Bob McCann: NBA forward (Washington Bullets).
- Estelle Asmodelle: Australian model and actress.
- Chris Makepeace: Canadian actor and director.
- Tanganyika andZanzibar form Republic Tanzania
- The New York World's Fair opens in Flushing Meadow, Corona Park, New York. Walt Disney's WED company constructed pavilions for: Ford (Magic Skyway), General Electric (Progressland), the state of Illinois (Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln), and Pepsi-Cola / UNICEF (It's a Small World).
- The 1964-1965 New York World's Fair opens for its first season.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?