Friday 22 April 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evangelos Mantzios and Remi Ayodele.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Valley Girl, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Crazy Coaster or Maziacs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1983 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Evangelos Mantzios: Greek footballer.
- Remi Ayodele: American football player.
- Francis Capra: American actor.
- Elliott Jordan: English actor.
- Sam Heads: English-American entomologist and palaeontologist.
- Jos Hooiveld: Dutch footballer
- Matt Jones: American football player.
- Vangelis Mantzios: Greek footballer
- Rangers 2-Isles 5 - Patrick Division Finals - Isles win series 4-2
- Stern Magazine announces major historical find-discovery of 60 volume personal diaries written by Adolph Hitler (turned out to be a hoax)
- Soyuz T-8 returns to Earth.
- The German magazine Der Stern claims that the ''Hitler Diaries'' had been found in wreckage in East Germany; the diaries are subsequently revealed to be forgeries.
- Reactor shut-down due to failure of fuel rods at Kursk Nuclear Power Plant, Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?