Monday 22 April 1996
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joey Kidney .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was in the top 5 hits.
James and the Giant Peach, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 1: The Two Dead Girls by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cañaveral de pasiones.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain or Captain Quazar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1996!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1996 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Hiteshwar Saikia: Prime Minister of Indian state of Assam (1991-96), dies.
- David Shipman: film historian, dies at age 63.
- Harold ''Jug'' McSpaden: American professional golfer (Born 1908).
- Erma Bombeck: American journalist and humorist, the author of 11 books and a column read by millions in 700 cities.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- SWV - You're The One
- Busta Rhymes - Woo-Hah! Got You All In Check
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?