Sunday 22 April 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Give It To Me by Timbaland.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Cashback, directed by Sean Ellis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elevator.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colin McRae: Dirt or Cosmic Family.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 April 2007 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 April
- Juanita Millender-McDonald: congresswoman from southern California (Born 1938).
- Turkey Christians tortured and murdered and Turkey's government, led by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a former Islamist, has expresses concern over the spread of Christian activity in Turkey, VOA reported .
- Israeli troops have shot dead three Palestinians in raids in the West Bank, the army and local residents say. (BBC)
- According to exit polls, Nicolas Sarkozy and Ségolène Royal will meet in the second round of the French presidential election on May 6. François Bayrou and Jean-Marie Le Pen are believed to have received the third and fourth most votes respectively. (BBC)
- War in Iraq: Gunmen kill 21 members of northern Iraq's Yezidi community after dragging them from a bus. (CNN)
- War in Somalia (2006–present):
- More than 60 people are killed in the fourth day of heavy fighting between Ethiopian troops and Islamist militia in Mogadishu. (BBC)
- Eritrea pulls out of the east African Inter-Governmental Authority on Development after a disagreement with Ethiopia over Somalia. (Aljazeera)
- Avraham Hirschson, the Finance Minister of Israel, stands down for three months while the Israeli police investigate a claim that he failed to report an embezzlement case when he was working for a trade union. (AP via IHT)
- South Korea agrees to resume food aid to North Korea, sending 400,000 tons of food north. (BBC)
- In Zimbabwe investigating officer Wellington Ngena accuses the Government of South Africa's Scorpions intelligence department of training members of the Movement for Democratic Change in combat to overthrow the Government of Zimbabwe. (allAfrica)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Timbaland - Give It To Me
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Linkin Park - What I've Done
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- T-Pain - Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin')
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?