Sunday 22 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hitchin' Posts, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1920 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Ray Bradbury: American writer of sci-fi and fantasy, one of the best known and admired in the field.
- Bill Steger: American jurist who handled some 15,000 cases in a career spanning more than 35 years as a judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, based in Tyler, Texas.
- Anthony Tuke: CEO (Savoy Hotel Groups).
- Pierre A Lauffer: Antillian poet (Patria).
- W Schnurre: Writer.
- Wolfdietrich Schnurre: German writer, film/theater critic and journalist. He died on 9 June 1989 in Kiel.
- Denton Cooley: American heart surgeon famous for performing the first implantation of a total artificial heart. Cooley is also founder and surgeon in-chief of The Texas Heart Institute, chief of Cardiovascular Surgery at St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, consultant in Cardiovascular Surgery at Texas Children's Hospital, and a clinical professor of Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
- Anders Zorn: Swedish Painter (Gustavus Vasa), dies at 60.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 August 1920 and get them!