Sunday 22 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Tuke and Pierre A Lauffer.
Hitchin' Posts, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1920 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Anthony Tuke: CEO (Savoy Hotel Groups).
- Pierre A Lauffer: Antillian poet (Patria).
- W Schnurre: Writer.
- Ray Bradbury: American writer of sci-fi and fantasy, one of the best known and admired in the field.
- Denton Cooley: American heart surgeon famous for performing the first implantation of a total artificial heart.
- Wolfdietrich Schnurre: German writer, film/theater critic and journalist. He died on 9 June 1989 in Kiel.
- Bill Steger: American jurist who handled some 15,000 cases in a career spanning more than 35 years as a judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, based in Tyler, Texas.
- Anders Zorn: Swedish Painter (Gustavus Vasa), dies at 60.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?