Sunday 22 August 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Tuke and Pierre A Lauffer.
Hitchin' Posts, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1920 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Anthony Tuke: CEO (Savoy Hotel Groups).
- Pierre A Lauffer: Antillian poet (Patria).
- W Schnurre: Writer.
- Ray Bradbury: American writer of sci-fi and fantasy, one of the best known and admired in the field.
- Denton Cooley: American heart surgeon famous for performing the first implantation of a total artificial heart.
- Wolfdietrich Schnurre: German writer, film/theater critic and journalist. He died on 9 June 1989 in Kiel.
- Bill Steger: American jurist who handled some 15,000 cases in a career spanning more than 35 years as a judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, based in Tyler, Texas.
- Anders Zorn: Swedish Painter (Gustavus Vasa), dies at 60.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?