Thursday 22 August 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Baroness Ewart-Biggs and Liselotte Rau.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1929 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Baroness Ewart-Biggs: British (Lab) spokesperson on Home Affairs.
- Liselotte Rau: Germany Actor.
- Valery Alekseyev: Russian anthropologist and author (d. 1991).
- Ulrich Wegener: German police officer and general.
- Otto Liman von Sanders: German General in Turkey (WWI), dies at 74.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?