Thursday 22 August 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1929 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Baroness Ewart-Biggs: British (Lab) spokesperson on Home Affairs.
- Liselotte Rau: Germany Actor.
- Valery Alekseyev: Russian anthropologist and author (d. 1991).
- Ulrich Wegener: German police officer and general.
- Otto Liman von Sanders: German General in Turkey (WWI), dies at 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 August 1929 and get them!