Monday 22 August 1932
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald P Carr in Denver and Theoni Vachliotis aldredge.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1932 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Gerald P Carr in Denver: Colorado, USA; Colonel US Marine Corp/astronaut (Skylab 4).
- Theoni Vachliotis aldredge: Award winning costume designer.
- Gerald P Carr: American astronaut.
- Gerald Carr: American astronaut and pilot, the commander of Skylab 4 during the longest manned space exploration to date.
- Gabriele Tinti: Italian actor (d. 1991).
- BBS begins experimental regular TV broadcasts
- The BBC first experiments with television broadcasting. (See also Timeline of the BBC.)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?