Thursday 22 August 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antony Crosthwaite-Eyre and David Vance.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1940 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Antony Crosthwaite-Eyre: English publisher / multi-millionaire.
- David Vance: Horse trainer.
- George Reinholt in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Another World, One Life to Live).
- John Banham: Director-General (CBI).
- Valerie Harper in Sufferin: New York, USA; actress (Mary Tyler Moore Show, Rhoda, Valerie).
- Bill McCartney: American football player and coach founded Promise Keepers
- George Reinholt: American actor (d. 2013)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?