Wednesday 22 August 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1945 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Erol Gelenbe: Turkish computer scientist and mathematician.
- Derek Fatchett: MP (Labour).
- James G Richardson in Gainesville: Florida, USA; actor (Tim Cassidy - Sierra).
- Ron Dante in Staten Island: New York, USA; rocker (Archies - "Sugar, Sugar").
- Steve Kroft: American actor and host of the program, "60 Minutes.
- Tamori : Japanese television personality
- David Chase: American director producer and screenwriter
- Ron Dante: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Archies The Cuff Links and The Detergents)
- Bob Cristofani scores 110 for Aust Services at Old Trafford
- Vietnam conflict begins as Ho Chi Minh leads a successful coup
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 August 1945 and get them!