Wednesday 22 August 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1951 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Mary Allen: English journalist.
- Chandra Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- Chandra Prakash Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- J P Bickell: Canadian businessman and sports team owner (Born 1884).
- Harlem Globetrotters play in Olympic Stadium, Berlin, Germany, before audience of 75,052.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 August 1951 and get them!