Saturday 22 August 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Roman Holiday, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1953 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Paul Ellering: American weightlifter wrestler and manager.
- Jim Tabor: American baseball player (Born 1916).
- France closes jail on Devil Island
- John Norman Lewis contends players have no desire to form a union
- Shah of Persia returns to Teheran
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?