Friday 22 August 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elhadjdia Ba and Ian Mitchell.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Concentration.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1958 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Elhadjdia Ba: Dakar, Senegal -- Hurdler (1988 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Ian Mitchell: Edinburgh, Scotland -- Rocker (Bay City Rollers).
- Lane Huffman: American professional wrestler.
- Colm Feore: American-born Canadian actor.
- Philippe Habert: French husband of Claude Chirac, the daughter of the Prime Minister.
- Stevie Ray: American wrestler and sportscaster
- Vernon Reid: English-American guitarist and songwriter (Living Colour)
- Roger Martin du Gard: French writer, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1881).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?