Tuesday 22 August 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jay Ashton and John Kidd.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK You Don't Know by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Pit and the Pendulum, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1961!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1961 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Jay Ashton: Rocker (Gene Loves Jezebel).
- John Kidd: NFL punter (Miami Dolphins).
- Andres Calamaro: Argentine musician.
- Roland Orzabal: British musician, songwriter and record producer.
- Andrés Calamaro: Argentinian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Los Abuelos de la Nada and Los Rodríguez).
- Iain Coucher: English businessman
- Debbi Peterson: Los Angeles, California -- Rock drummer (Bangles-Eternal Flame)
- Maris hits his 50th of 61 homers
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Ral Donner - You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
- Curtis Lee - Pretty Little Angel Eyes
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - School Is Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?