Wednesday 22 August 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Little Eva.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The 300 Spartans, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1962 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Gene Craig Sauers: Savannah, Georgia -- PGA golfer (1986 Bank of Boston).
- James Debarge: Grand Rapids, Michigan -- Rock vocalist / keyboardist (Debarge).
- Marie Laurie Mahabir: Guadeloupe -- N American Bodybuilding Champ (1985-87).
- Failed assassination on President De Gaulle
- An attempt to assassinate French president Charles de Gaulle fails.
- The NS Savannah, the world's first nuclear-powered cargo ship, completes its maiden voyage.
- A failed assassination attempt is made against French President Charles De Gaulle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?