Thursday 22 August 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lily Yip and Thomas Ansberry.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Haunted Palace, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1963 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Lily Yip: Canton, China -- US table tennis player (1992, 96 Olympics).
- Thomas Ansberry: Okinawa, Japan -- US 10K runner.
- Tori Amos: American singer-songwriter who helped revive the singer-songwriter traditions of the '70s and brought back the piano as a rock & roll instrument.
- Terry Catledge: American basketball player.
- William Richard Morris: 1st viscount Nuffield motor manufacturer.
- NASA civilian test pilot Joe Walker in X-15 reaches altitude of 67 miles (106 km).
- American Joe Walker in an X-15 test plane reaches an altitude of 106 km (66 mi).
- American test pilot Joe Walker again achieves a sub-orbital spaceflight according to international standards, this time by piloting the X-15 to an altutude of 67.0 miles (107.8 kilometers).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?