Monday 22 August 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1966 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Eric Andolsek: American football player (Born 1966).
- Rob Witschge: Dutch soccer star (Ajax / Feyenoord).
- Brooke Dillman: Comedian.
- GZA : American rapper.
- Mark Michaels: heavy metal guitarist (Teach Yourself Rhythm Guitar).
- Apolinary Szeluto: Composer, dies at 82.
- Beatles arrive in New York City
- Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Petula Clark - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- Billy Stewart - Summertime
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?