Wednesday 22 August 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
Life of Brian, directed by Terry Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie'S Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1979!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1979 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Brandon Adams: American actor.
- Angelu de Leon: Filipino actress.
- Jennifer Finnigan: Canadian actress and producer.
- Matt Walters: American football player.
- Brandon Quintin Adams: American actor.
- 200 black leaders, meet in NY, to support Andrew Young
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Chic - Good Times
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Elton John - Mama Can't Buy You Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 August 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?