Wednesday 22 August 1984
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Quaye Ghanaian and Dom Kennedy.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle Adventure or Fantasia Diamond.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1984 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Lawrence Quaye Ghanaian: Qatari footballer.
- Dom Kennedy: Rapper.
- Lee Camp: English footballer.
- Lawrence Quaye: Ghanaian-Qatari footballer.
- Charles Whittenberg: Composer, dies at 57.
- Last Volkswagen Rabbit produced
- Met pitcher Dwight Gooden becomes 11th rookie to strikeout 200
- South African election for parliament boycvotted
- Republican convention in Dallas, Texas, renominates President Ronald Reagan and Vice President George Bush.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- John Waite - Missing You
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
- Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
- Peabo Bryson - If Ever You're In My Arms Again
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?