Friday 22 August 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Papa Don't Preach by Madonna.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1986 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Liane Valenzuela: Vine Star.
- Pac : Wrestler.
- Monsieur Adi: French DJ and producer.
- James Frost: Welsh guitarist and keyboardist (The Automatic).
- Lacie Heart: American porn actress.
- Erika Hebron: American model Miss Missouri 2010
- Keiko Kitagawa: Japanese model and actress
- Adrian Neville: English wrestler
- Janis Vahter: Estonian basketball player
- Gas from Volcano Chamberoen kills 1,734 (Cameroon)
- NASA announces tests designed to verify ignition pressure dynamics
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Bananarama - Venus
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Wham! - The Edge Of Heaven
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?