Friday 22 August 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 22 August 2003 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Generosa Ammon: American wife of Daniel Pelosi (d. 2003).
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore is suspended after refusing to comply with a federal court order to remove a rock inscribed with the Ten Commandments from the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court building.
- Two bomb blasts in Mumbai, India, kill 52.
- The Spitzer Space Telescope was launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, during Delta II.
- Natural disaster: Ecuador's Tungurahua volcano sends a column of smoke and ash three kilometres into the air.
- Natural disaster: Wildfire forces around 10,000 people from their homes in British Columbia. This is Western Canada's worst fire season in decades.
- Occupation of Iraq: United Nations Security council members are split on the issue of Iraq. France, Russia, People's Republic of China, and Germany are proposing differing ways to expand the United Nations mandate in Iraq beyond humanitarian aid and reconstruction. Secretary of State of the United States Colin Powell states that there is no plan to cede authority to the United Nations from the Coalition forces.
- War on Terrorism – Canal Hotel: Investigators focus on the possibility that former Iraqi intelligence agents working as security guards may have assisted the attack.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Palestinian militants and the Israeli Government vow to continue attacks on each other after the terrorist attacks and bloodshed. Hamas and Islamic Jihad release an official joint statement on their participation ending in the peace plan.
- Efforts by US broadcaster Fox News to seek an injunction preventing satirist Al Franken from publishing a book backfire as the judge not merely refuses their request but ridicules it. Judge Denny Chin told ''Fox'', which had claimed that the subtitle of the book, which included the words ampquotfair and balancedampquot, infringed on their trademark of the term, ampquotthis is an easy case. This case is wholly without merit, both factually and legallyampquot. Chin added ampquotIt is ironic that
- Separation of church and state: Alabama's Chief Justice Roy Moore is suspended by a Judicial Ethics Panel over his refusal to remove a monument listing the Ten Commandments which he had installed in the state Supreme Court building. Moore had been ordered to remove the controversial monument by U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson, who in a judgment in 2002 said the monument ampquotviolates the constitution's ban on government promotion of a religious doctrineampquot. Thompson's judgment was
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?