Tuesday 22 August 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 22 August 2006 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 August
- Bruce Gary: American rock drummer (The Knack) (Born 1951).
- Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise Flight 612 crashes near the Russian border over eastern Ukraine, killing all 170 people on board.
- U.S. sprinter Justin Gatlin agrees to an eight-year ban from track and field for a positive drug test. He forfeits the world record he equalled in May. (USA Today)
- Japanese Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe announces that if elected president of the Liberal Democratic Party, and thus Prime Minister, he will propose an amendment to the pacifist Constitution of Japan allowing Japanese troops to be sent overseas. Abe currently leads in polls over candidates Taro Aso and Sadakazu Tanigaki by about 30%. ( Mainichi Daily News)
- Nominations have been called for the first Nunatsiavut Assembly General Election. The election will be held on October 3, 2006. VOCM
- The Iranian Navy attacks and seizes control of a Romanian oil rig in the Persian Gulf. Iran took control of the radio room at 7 AM local time. ampquotThe Iranians fired at the rig's crane with machine guns,ampquot Tăbănescu said. ampquotThey are in control now and we can't contact the rig.ampquot There were 26 workers onboard. (Bloomberg)
- The U.S. National Center for Education Statistics releases a CNN)
- NASA confirms that its new manned space exploration vehicle, expected to succeed the STS (or Space Shuttle) by 2014, will be named Orion (NASA)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 August 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?