Wednesday 22 August 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
3:10 to Yuma, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 22 August 2007 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- John Moynahan: American child of noted parents, football star Tom Brady and actress Bridget Moynahan.
- The Storm botnet, a botnet created by the Storm Worm, sends out a record 57 million e-mails in one day
- War in Afghanistan:
- Two Canadian Army soldiers are killed and a Radio Canada journalist injured in an explosion. (CNN)
- A German engineer kidnapped by the Taliban pleads for help on Afghan television. (CNN)
- The Revolutionary Congolese Movement (MRC), the Front for the Patriotic Resistance of Ituri (FRPI), and the Front of National Integration (FNI) rebel groups agree to disarm and cooperate with the MONUC peacekeeping force in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. (Scoop)
- Pakistan's Supreme Court says Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) is not a law-enforcement agency or a customs authority.
- Hurricane Dean makes its final landfall near Tecolutla, Veracruz, Mexico, 100 miles north of the city of Veracruz, as a Category 2 storm. The Red Cross reports only one injury and no deaths from Dean's first landfall on the Yucatán Peninsula. (CNN)
- War in Iraq
- An American UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter crashes in northern Iraq killing all 14 soldiers on board. (Wikinews)
- A suicide bomber kills at least 20 people and wounding 40 more in the town of Baiji. (RTÉ)
- Voters in Kiribati go to the polls for the Kiribatian parliamentary election, 2007. (AP via IHT)
- Three Pakistani soldiers are killed in an attack by suspected pro-Taliban militants on a checkpoint in Bannu in the North-West Frontier Province. (BBC)
- Typhoon Sepat has killed at least 36 people in southeast China in the past week. (CNN)
- The U.S. Campaign for Burma claims that Myanmar's military government has arrested at least nine leaders of the pro-democracy 88 Generation Students. (AP via the Guardian)
- UK government plans to spend £5.2bn in the next four years on Identity Card and related schemes. (The Register)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?