Monday 22 December 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Greatest Question, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1919 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Wilhelm Beck: Germany Military man.
- Valerie Bettis: American modern dancer and choreographer, who found success in musical theatre, ballet, and as a solo dancer.
- Edi Baur: Swiss theatre producer and director.
- Pierre Charbonnet: American military, rear admiral.
- Lil Green: American singer-songwriter (d. 1954).
- Government of Ireland Act of Power (Home Rule for Ireland).
- US deports 250 alien radicals, including anarchist Emma Goldman.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - Sam Ash
- Roses of Picardy - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1919 and get them!