Sunday 22 December 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1935 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- John L Finley: USAF / Astronaut.
- Oleg Alekseyevich Protopopov: Russia -- Pairs skater (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Paulo Rocha: Portuguese director and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Tomas Rivera: Poet.
- Yaeko Iwasaki, student of D S Harada Roshi, 1st awakening in Kamakura
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Music Goes Round and Round - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- With All My Heart - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- Stop, Look, and Listen - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- Eeny Meeny Miney Mo - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Helen Ward)
- Bing Crosby - Silent Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1935 and get them!