Monday 22 December 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Shanghai Gesture, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1941 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Dola Bonfils: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for his work.
- Karen Spahn: American astrologer, the author of "Pioneers of Tomorrow," the story of the early space flight program.
- Jose Duval: Actor (Juan Valdez), dies at 72.
- Leopoldo Mugnone: Composer, dies at 83.
- Japans invasion leader lands on Luzon, Philippines
- Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Washington, DC
- Winston Churchill arrives in Washington for a wartime conference
- Japan's invasion leader lands on Luzon, Philippines.
- Tito establishes first Proletarian Brigade in Yugoslavia.
- UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill arrives in Washington DC for a wartime conference.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?