Friday 22 December 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guido De Angelis and Mary Archer.
The Keys of the Kingdom, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching The World in Your Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1944!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Guido De Angelis: Italian musician.
- Mary Archer: English chemist and academic.
- Steve Carlton: American baseball player.
- Barry Jenkins: English drummer (The Animals and The Nashville Teens).
- Germans demand surrender of American troops at Bastogne, Belgium
- Sub Swordfish departs Pearl Harbor for Japan
- World War II: Battle of the Bulge : German troops demand the surrender of United States troops at Bastogne, Belgium, prompting the famous one word reply by General Anthony McAuliffe: ''Nuts!''
- WWII: The Bulge reaches its deepest point at Celles.
- The first complete U.S. production of Tchaikovsky's ballet ''The Nutcracker'' is presented in San Francisco, choreographed by William Christensen. It will become an annual tradition there, and for the next ten years, the San Francisco Ballet will be the only ballet company in the United States performing the complete work, until George Balanchine premieres his version in New York in 1954.
- The original stage version of ''The Glass Menagerie'' by Tennessee Williams premieres on Broadway.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?