Thursday 22 December 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Osborne and Anna Galiena.
Whisky Galore, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1949 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Michael Osborne: Rock guitarist / vocalist (Axe).
- Anna Galiena: Italian actress with over 50 films and many television appearances to her credit, best known to English-speaking audiences for her appearances in the films "Le Mari de la coiffeuse," "Jamón, jamón" and "Being Human.
- Maurice Gibb: British-American musician, one of three brothers who formed the Bee Gees.
- Robin Gibb: British-American vocalist, the non-identical twin of Maurice.
- Dave Robisch: American athlete, pro basketball player from 1971-83.
- Ray Guy: American football player
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?