Saturday 22 December 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rashomon, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1951 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Roger Zabel: French TV host and journalist specialized in sports.
- Gerald Cavendish Grosvenor: Duke of Westminster.
- Jan Stephenson in Sydney: Australia; golfer (LPGA Rookie of Year-1974).
- Jean-Claude Ameisen: French doctor, immunologist, and biologist born in a jewish family coming from Poland.
- Charles de Lint: Netherlands -- Sci-fi author (Moonhear, Mulengro, Yarrow).
- Gerald Grosvenor: 6th Duke of Westminster Irish general and businessman
- Dan Martin: American voice actor
- Powell Weaver: Composer, dies at 61.
- The Selangor Labour Party is founded in Selangor, Malaya.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1951 and get them!