Monday 22 December 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1952 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Christian Lothion: French senior official, appointed the central director of the judicial police in 2008.
- Sandra Kalniete: Russian-Latvian politician and diplomat Latvian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- WSBA (now WPMT) TV channel 43 in York, PA (IND) begins broadcasting
- French government of Pinay resigns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- The Night Before Christmas Song - Rosemary Clooney & Gene Autry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?